Monday, February 22, 2010

"We Are The World"



I was listening to the words of "We Are The World", the original version. And it really hit home.....this is what everything we do for all our CI kids is all about. We are changing the world, each one of us and we are making it a better place for the kids and the families that we sponsor :-)

Today I found out that the funds for Jessicas wheelchair were sent to Quito and they are ordering her wheelchair! So hopefully in a couple months we will have pictures! I also have called in special needs donations for 4 of my kids. Jessica (for her walker in addition to her wheelchair), Anthony, Katherine, and Katerine. I funded them with special needs gifts first because I didn't have breakdowns for them so am just having the field get what they need most. My goal is to do two a year for each child so later in the year I will get their specific needs. I have special needs requests for Jostin, Brayan, and Lizbeth which are all over $200 so I am going to now work on theirs. Jessica still needs a bed also. So, slowly but surely. I have a fundraiser spot coming up on Make A Change so one of them will be taken care of there.

Easter packages have also gone out for all 7 kids! They will probably arrive after Easter since I haven't gotten into the right gear to get everything out in plenty of time but at least they will get them! I am starting to pick things up now for summer packages. I think I am going to send them out 2 at a time though....7 at once was majorly expensive!

No comments:

Post a Comment