Sunday, February 28, 2010

Meet Jhojaris



I want to introduce you to Jhoajaris. She is my latest addition to our happy sponsor family! I would say she will be the last but I said that about 6 kids back so I realize it is a waste of breath! She lives in Barranquilla, Columbia. She has 5 siblings! And they live with her mother on $75 a month. I am hoping to be able to give them some extra help.

I am looking into adding one more and then I really have to stop. The little girls from Honduras are tugging at my heart strings, they are just beautiful. And there are some pretty poor ones listed. It would also give me the oppurtunity to learn more about yet another country.

I am holding out for a few days because I have also found another program. I am very happy with CI so I am reluctant to try out a new one. BUT there are a couple reasons I am considering it. I have a passion for helping kids with disabilities. And this program specializes in kids with disabilities. They even have a orphanage for those that had been abandoned. Another plus is they are in Ecuador where I already plan on visiting later in the year and you can actually volunteer with their program. I am waiting for information on cost/etc. Their website doesn't have a lot of information on the sponsorship program itself. So I have sent an e-mail. They say you can e-mail your child also.

I am hoping for a better mail week this week! I got nothing from CI this past week :-( I have been spoiled the last few weeks with letters and photos. I know in a couple months I will be getting plenty! I have now done 7 special needs donations and mailed out 8 direct packages. So hopefully May onward will be alot of good mail days!

No comments:

Post a Comment