Saturday, January 15, 2011

Its been a while and lots of changes!

I have been neglecting the blog partly because I didn't know what was going to happen with my sponsor kids. I went through a time where I thought I was about to lose my house. And I knew I would have to give some kids up. On top of that I have had some concerns about the organization. Anyway I dropped the majority of my kids but then found out I was getting help with my housing situation. When I inquired about getting some of my kids back I was told most had new sponsors.

I have decided to go down a new and exciting path regarding sponsorship! I still have Lizbeth, Danna, Jessica, Adriana and Brayan from CI. But I won't be adding anymore from there. I am trying out a new organization called Cambodian Children's Fund. I will only be able to have one child from there since sponsorship fees are pretty steep. But the work they do is amazing. The children live in a loving home where they are given an education, healthcare, art, music, and most of all love. These children were all living in one of the largest garbage dumps in Cambodia. Those that didnt live there were forced to work and look for valuable items. A former executive from 20th Century Fox started taking these kids in. The sponsorship program is supposed to be amazing. Some of the kids e-mail their sponsor once a week! They send photos, and the organization sends you their education report every month. I will be posting more in the next few days when I "meet" my child!

No comments:

Post a Comment